Data Management and Mining
This assignment is broken into Three sections.
• This is an individual assignment, and you must answer the questions by yourself without
• Students’ submissions must represent their own work.
• There are three sections to the assignment
• Submissions will consist of a video and should be submitted via Brightspace
• Each video should last about 3 minutes and no longer than 5 minutes.
• The questions for each section of the assignment will be released:
o on Tuesday 27th April at 07:00am (Irish time).
o on Thursday 29h April at 07:00am (Irish time).
o on Tuesday 4th May at 07:00am (Irish time).
• You will have 24 hours to submit your video. (It should not take you 24 hours; this is just to
allow for the fact that not all students are in the same time zone.)
• Each section carries equal weighting and is worth a total of 33.3% of the overall marks for
• The questions for this section will be released on Tuesday 27th April at 07:00am (Irish time).
• Your video submission must be submitted by Wednesday 28th April at 07:00am (Irish time).
• This section is worth 33.3% of the overall marks for this assessment
Scenario – Churn Analysis
You are working as the head of Analytics and AI for a telecommunications company. The company is
having issues with customer retention. Customer Churn (customers leaving the company) has been
increasing steadily over time. The head of customer retention has asked for assistance from your
team in deriving a strategy to reverse this current trend. You and your team decide that the best
place to start is to hold a kick-off workshop with the key stakeholders in the project. In your video
submission please discuss how you would run this requirements’ gathering workshop and what the
possible outcomes from the workshop might be for the project. In your answer take the following
• Who should attend the meeting?
• What type of analytics solutions could be effective in this project (discuss at least 2)?
• How might you determine the success criteria for the project?
• What are they resources (data, people, systems) that you will need for the project? 学霸联盟